Wednesday 9 September 2009

What I did on the 09 09 09- Harvested to eat later......


Today the weather has been perfect and my day has been very productive too. I went to pick some brambles to make some bramble gin and found some mushrooms. Then I went to my Dads and raided his garden.Raspberries are my favourite fruit and they didnt get as far as getting home. I ate them off the cane and was surprised at how many there was for the time of year. Into the greenhouse for tomatoes and there are stacks of them so will have to go back with a bucket and put the little ones in the freezer -they make wonderful tomato soup to which I add vodka. I saw there was a lot of cauliflowers and as I carried my tomatoes and cauli I passed by the runner beans so it was like a juggling act picking and holding on to them. My dad had already picked his onions and shallots so a handful of each . The shallots I will pickle for him and the rest I am making into piccalilli page 254 in The Princess and The Pheasant book by Elizabeth Luard. I like her recipes and use her book often.