Saturday 19 December 2009

So snowy in North Yorkshire....


Fortunately we have Jacks Nissan Nirvara to get us from A to B as the snow is pretty deep and there are still a hundred and one jobs to do before Christmas Day. I was hoping to go over to Castle Howard to see the house decorated for Christmas but I have stayed at home and started on things here. I have been out in the woods today getting ivy and cones,holly and fir to decorate the house. It is the smell I love most when it all comes indoor.The cake is made and the ground almonds and icing are on the side ready to put on. No doubt it will be a snow scene yet again. The presents are all laid out on a bedroom floor waiting to be wrapped. Did I tell you I had a marvellous buy at Laura Ashleys last week -for £1.50p I got some very smart black and gold wall paper which will be used as wrapping paper and there is yards of it.I did make sure it was not prepasted though.