Friday 12 October 2012

and finally Leeds on Thursday

I feel very honoured that I have been asked to sit on the Private sectors board at Welcome to Yorkshire. Thursday was the first meeting I had been to. I had thought to go to Leeds on the train from Thirsk as it is so easy and saves driving and getting lost.I instead hitched a ride with Ian Ashton who works tirelessly for Herriots Yorkshire group and the James Herriot Museum. The dynamic Mrs Barker was there too -better known as Jessica from Thief Hole Cottages near Northallerton. Jessica was short listed for the White Rose Awards for her cottages and showed me her very impressive portfolio she had put together. Vikki Harris kindly handed me the latest trophies which Peter Dodds had brought back from Portugal last week from the World Travel Awards. Here you see me with them -Europe's Award for Marketing Innovative and the other was for the United Kingdoms's Leading Holiday Destination. Kim Broderick and Dee Marshall keeping their eye on me in the back ground in case I dropped them. My Dad says you can't take me anywhere! You can take the girl out of country but you can't take the country out of the girl hence my wooly jumper. I enjoyed my day in the city and as I understand most business people do go for a drink after work. We went to the Engine Shed which is very near the office. Needless to say the next meeting is already marked in the diary. However much I enjoyed my day I still was glad to get home to our beautiful countryside.
With no light pollution I could look up at the stars and smell nothing other than wood smoke coming from the chimney.