Thursday 17 April 2014

Networking at the Fauconberg Arms

Another networking event organised for Yo61ners by Jo Burgess and Rupert Smith of Smith the Printers in Easingwold turned out to be a successful evening in more than one way. It was sponsered by Supanet Broadband who donated the wine which dare I admit I won .This is getting a bit embaressing now as this is the 3rd time I have won.I must say I have handed one of the previous prices back.I loved the wooden case with the 3 litres of very nice Italian wine I wanted to keep it. That said it will make a lovely and useful doorstop. Mine host,Simon Rheinberg and his lovely wife,our tea and coffee hostess were on hand . Simon holding tight to the wine. The teatime spread of food was delicious. I have had many a funeral tea there and it simple can't be beaten. It is only 3+miles from here so guests can soon be there to enjoy this old inn which is part of the Newburgh Estate. It was good to see so many people there. It has long been a water hole of Jack and his friends. I like the fact that they always seem to be going that extra mile -putting on events and entertaining and some very tasty meals I think the next one is a St George'e night meal. The family are very community spirited and now run the village shop to which is situated behind the pub.