Wednesday 24 June 2009

June-My Birthday Month



Another year older yesterday and hopefully a little wiser. To celebrate my birthday we went up to The Hare at Scawton and had a delicous meal- well worth a trip. Their number is 01845 597769.We sadly missed meeting Jan Smith ,a very friendly landlady who is also a very busy one. Next time it will be the double baked cheese souffle that Jessica always raves about.
I have always wanted a platinum ring and Jack came up trumps as usual with the help of Martin of Pattisons Jewellers in Thirsk, who had been keeping his eye out for me a special one for a long time.It is about 100 years old and has 12 sides to it -one for each month of the year. This shop may be small, but its reputation is big and if Martin hasnt got it in, he will either make it for you or find something you will treasure for ever.
My Dad gave me sweetpeas out of his garden and a pale pink rose off a bush which has been at the farm as long as the family over 100 years.One year I may be successful at trying to root it. This is always one of my best birthday memories.
I must tell you about a wonderful paint company I have found called The Little Greene Paint Co which produces paint and wall paper. Since 1773 the Little Greene Dye Works have been making paints and dyes and now offer 128 different colours to choose from and the most fabulous rolls of paper. I am just waiting for some guests to vacate a bedroom as I have a pot of paint called Gauze ready to transform a pine chest of drawers...You may be interested to visit their website www.the littlegreene.com.The hardest bit is there are so many lovely shades to choose from. They even do limewashes and distempers.Their telephone number is 0161 2300880.ps the guests have now gone and I have painted the chest which you can see in the photo