Thursday 25 February 2010

A silver in the The World's Original Marmalade Festival.


Had I been younger I may have thought to take up skiing and go to the Winter Olympics which have been fun to watch but as I am getting old I entered a different competition and got a Silver Merit with my marmalade in the Bed and Breakfast and Hotel Section. I think there was over 800 entries and I scored 19/20 so I am very pleased.The Worlds Marmalade Festival is held annually at Dalemain Historic House in aid of the Hospice at Home Carlisle and Lakeland. It was held on 14th February which would have been Fred, my uncles, 93rd birthday and I know what he would have said " I told you it wasn't as good as it could be,you will have been rushing it, you had better try harder next year. He had high standards,never giving praise unless it was truly worthy of it,I am proud he had as he may not be here now but he is certainly not forgotten and know he will be keeping his eye on us.