Saturday 10 November 2012

National Sausage Week

and what better to celebrate it with but with David Lishman's official Yorkshire sausages. And a bargain too. Buy 5 lb and get 3lbs free. As I was in the area I went along to buy my way around the shop. I don't think I have ever been to Ilkey before and didn't realise it was as big or as busy a place. Friendly locals told me where it was and after a bit of careful negotiation I managed to get parked in one of the crowded side streets.not a job I would like to do day in and day out.Back to the shop,there was so much choice.Not only did I come away with nearly a ton of sausage there was a pork pie for the shooters the next day Some home made pate for toast. Then I spied the lamb Henrys which are a favourite of Jacks. They were next into the bag. Shame David wasnt there -he was in London picking up yet another award. Back home the sausages have gone down well. Four generations here give them the thumbs up and a German guest.Wonderbar