Tuesday 27 November 2012

Thanks to Alison of Crakehall Water Mill

Despite lots of fields been flooded by the River Swale I managed to get through to a Herriot Country meeting this morning. With Ian Ashton and David Shields at the helm we learnt of interesting things which are going to happen in 2013.After the meeting I went with Alis
on Barnes and two other ladies who run bed and breakfast business for a lovely lunch. A farm shop on the road just out of Leeming Bar heading towards Northallerton. No wonder it recently had won a Flavour of Herriot Country award - Spring House Farm Shop.They were very obliging and they put some pineapple in a ham and cheese toasted sandwich for me -above and beyond what was on the menu. It was clean and warm and an ideal stopping off place so a bite to eat There were some lovely Christmas decorations to buy along with a vast array of Yorkshire goodies. Thank you to Alison of Crakehall watermill for treating me. My turn next time.