Sunday 11 August 2013

Returning Guests....

It is always nice to welcome guests who have stayed with us before. Some guests come a few times a year or for their yearly holidays. Others come on their honeymoon. It is 28 years ago that Mark Leach arrived with his bride Louise.They had always planned to come back and this weekend they made it. They would see many changes -all for the better I hope.In those days everyone stayed for a week and had evening meals too. I keep my old guest books and I found their entry from back in 1985.just as they were leaving Louise rushed back in to say how much they loved the "Mousie" Thompson bread board I had bought them all those years ago from the famous woodcarver from Kilburn just 4 miles from here .They have twins now aged 22 and ended up buying another piece -a cheese board so they had something special to hand to their children at some stage. I am glad we were able to be part of their memories. I told them to come back but before another 28 years as I couldn't guarantee I would be still cooking breakfast at 85 -but then you never know.