Monday 15 December 2014

Wool Is Dangerous - we go back a long way ....

This popped up tonight and I just had to post it. It shows Christine who I used to go to college with and her son James. It is over 40 years ago that Christine's Dad,Eric and my dad used to take it in turns to drive us back to college in Scarborough every Sunday night. I am sure she will remember the girl who used to get a lift with us every week. Her dad never offered and her coat always smelt of mothballs. It was Christine's mother Maud who taught me to cook at the local bakery. She worked very hard and could roll pastry out so fast. As I graduated from washer up the jobs I got to thumbing up pastry which was my favourite job.Thumbing up meant you made the pastry once it has been rolled out to fit the pie tin. I truly believe that what we see and did in our teenage years moulds us for what we are today. I remember as a 15 -16 years old in the summer holiday we would think nothing about clocking 80 -90 hours of working a week. So Maud is one of the people I have to thank today for giving me the work ethos that has got me to where I am today.