Sunday 15 May 2022

London and the Bright Lights

So there you have it. A change is as good as a rest. People come to stay with us to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city .And I go to see the bright lights and experience the hustle and bustle of the city, then appreciate what I have at home ! This time I went to London with my sister-in-law as we had an amazing invitation from the Aaron Family who own the David Aaron Gallery in Berkeley Square to their grand opening evening. This is the family who bought the Ryedale Roman Hoard which is now back in the Yorkshire Museum in York. It was through their generosity that this has happened . As a child I had always wanted to go to Berkeley Square after hearing that a nightingale sings there. I met so many famous people and head curators of museums and the like, I felt I had for a few hours stepped into a hugely different world. I was the country bumpkin who was in London but they all made me feel so welcome. A chapter for my book and yes the food was amazing ...you know how if there is an invitation espcially with food I will never turn it down. One couple I will always remember where Mr and Mrs Aarons personal friends of over 50 years, they were so gracious. There was a mix of dress from short skirts to long dresses from jeans to dinner suits -talk about a melting pot. Accents from across the world. It was fun.