Wednesday 9 June 2010

A very social few days....

They are like buses, my social events - none or they all come at once. So now I am catching my breathe. Saturday night Jack took me to the White Swan in Ampleforth for supper where we met up with Sue and Dave. The men tucked in to the hugest of fish meal with mushy peas. The latter are a treat for Jack as I refuse to have them in the house. Its a long story but goes back to watching Coronation Street as a child and I thought anyone who ate mushy peas would turn out to look like Stan Ogden. On Sunday it was the Open gardens and Scarecrow display in Wass and in the evening the locals had a cold meat salad supper which was very nice. On Monday I went to Scarborough to the Theatre as you would read below and my friend ,another Susan ,and I went for another early supper at Florios on Aberdeen Walk. Tuesday I stuck to a bowl of porridge and 2 jacket potatoes. Today we hurtled up to Durham to catch Stuart Ellis who had an eye clinic -see Jacks' blog on www.cuckavalda-gundogs.co.uk for this and then back home. Out tonight to Sinnington to the Fox and Hounds as Gordon Robinson's guests to his mid year shoot dinner.Thank you Gordon. The food was delicious and I brought some of mine home for my Dad who was not well enough to make it. We had to rush back as a [girl]dog was coming to see a [boy] dog! Tomorrow it is back to the grindstone or the Aga . I could get quite used to this eating out job, it comes very easy.