Sunday 29 March 2020

Keeping Baking.... lets beat this Coronavirus

Thanks to Treacle's Cakes for this biscuit recipe. I see so many of my friends baking and cooking .Doing baking, a lot of them wont have done ..some never and some not for a long time. 

 Baking can be quite therapeutic if you are like me  Others think yoga  ticks the boxes - each to their own. Yoga to me I think of  frogs...remember the Green Goddess . And I haven't time to close your eyes, breathe and rellllllllax. I do that when I go to bed. 
Years ago when I was at college, we had this yoga teacher come in and give a class ,even back them I couldn't stay still and wriggled about . She said I was being a disruptive influence ..me .... . She didn't bar me but needless to say I used to skive off that lesson and to this day  if anyone say yoga I think of frogs 

Anyway back to the biscuits.. So if you aren't going to a yoga class you will have time to make these. 

120g self raising flour, 75g brown sugar, 75g porridge oats, 100g butter, 1tbsp golden syrup, 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda.
Preheat oven to 170°C and line 2 baking trays. Put all dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter and syrup gently in a pan. Once melted add dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Form balls the size of walnuts and place well spaced on your baking trays, flatten slightly or squish as Josh did! Bake for 10 minutes then swap trays in oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until golden. Leave to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. These are also great if you add in 50g of choc chips or very finely chopped apricots. Happy Sunday xx🍪Image may contain: food