Monday 25 October 2010

Coxwold Chimney Pots ...


It is not the chimney pots that Dick van Dyke and Julie Andrews danced between on the roof tops of London in my favourite film Mary Poppins , but the left hand side of the street in Coxwold heading up to the church which I capture last night just as the light was fading. I think I was about 6 when I was taken to see Mary Poppins at the picture house. It was the first time I had ever been out late at night I guess we were home by 8pm but in those days it was a great adventure. I think I will be able to count on both hands the time I have been to the flicks which then became the cinema in my whole life. The second best film I saw was Madonna in Evita and that was when it came out second time round. I think she has the most amazing voice. As I have said before memories are marvellous things.
Must go as a chocolate cake and an apple cake are waiting to come out of the Aga and don't want them to burn. Guess I will have to sample them before I go to bed.