Tuesday 5 April 2011

Burning the Candle at both end...


Gone are the days when I used to party all day and all night. Then come home to cook breakfast. I think it was even harder this morning to cook the breakfast. Peg one of our little cocker spaniels part of the Cuckavalda Gundogs Team. decided to start having her pups just as we were thinking of going to bed. She produced 8 healthy not so little pups black,chocolate and lemon and white and one that looks white all over at the moment.But it was 7.20am before I came back into the house. I crawled upstairs for an hour in bed before I had to get up to cook the breakfast for 2 Canadian guests I had staying. At about 3am I decided to have something to eat to while away the time.I nipped back to the house and quickly laid my hands on some cheese and mixture of olives,dried tomatoes and feta cheese. I got sat down and Peg looked up as if to say I would like some of those. I really didn't think she would eat the feta cheese as it was in a herb and garlic oil but she ate every piece.A large piece of Wensleydale cheese and 5-6 olives .She would probably have eaten more but I didnt want her making herself ill. This photo shows her with her babies. I didn't move them about they just did it themselves and look as it they are piano keys. There are 6 boys and 2 girls. Mother and babies are doing fine. Midwife needs a holiday ..