Saturday 16 April 2011

Thirsk on Market Day




It is not often I venture out on the roads at weekends but I was looking for some plants for the garden. I headed to Thirsk as I knew it was market day. My first port of call was Hambleton Fresh Foods run by the Hebdon family.Philip and his wife Angela run the business now ,Philip being the 5th generation in the family business. They sell flowers ,plants and topiary bushes too. I came away with some Portobello mushrooms for supper,an iceberg and some grapes for my Dad. All this produce would have been brought in this morning I guess from Leeds when most of the county were still in dream state. HFF also stand at Northallerton on Wednesday but on Saturday and Mondays at Thirsk. It was teeming with people this morning but with 5 people on the tills it doesn't take long to get served. All the staff are very friendly and smiling and it is a pleasure if you can call it that to hand your money over. It was a lovely morning but they stand there rain or shine in all seasons.It was nice to see them so busy.