Tuesday 18 August 2020

Hidden Places and more gardening in August

A place I am going to visit in September when the schools have gone back.

.

Hidden gem: Hayburn Wyke

Found along the Cleveland Way National Trail, hidden beyond deer-dwelling woodland, the secret cove of Hayburn Wyke offers a pebbled paradise, home to a host of shallow rock pools at the foot of dramatic cliffs. A place to explore from both above and below, those longing for a relaxing coastal walk you can dream of strolling along the clifftops, discovering an old railway line and wandering through ancient woodlands, full of stunning native trees in all their autumnal glory.

But there again it is maybe not as nice as been here,but for me it is a change and everyone loves a change.

It has been a busy time in my summerhouse turned greenhouse as I am the proud owner of 2 cucumbers. I say the proud owner but haven't eaten them yet, but we have had lots of tomatoes .I thought this marrow was very "designer" too, it had just grown like that.  I have picked the first blackberries - we call them brambles and will have them stewed with apples.

And lastly for today there is a brand new James Herriot series  -All Creatures Great and Small coming out in the Autumn. I think I will have to start writing my blog a bit more often again  as so much has been happening of late and I want to keep you up to date with all that is going on.