Sunday 11 April 2010

Welcome ....to the sun

How nice it is to see the sun again.How long before we have a water shortage?. The flowers and plants that are in pots are certainly needing watering.The tulips are well on their way to flowering and the trees are all coming in bud.I have some clematis that need planting round the front porch but wonder if a frost comes it will nip them off. I am planning to go to the Spring Flowers Show in Harrogate with my friend Caroline before she heads off to Spain. I would have liked to have gone to see the Yorkshire.com display at Chelsea this year but guess I will wait until the show piece returns to Harlow Carr Gardens in Harrogate.
I got a package in the post this week from the Hare at Scawton -Jan is very organised sending menus out for the bedroom folders which I have recently been compiling. I have asked other eating places too but these were the first to arrive. They are having different events throughout the Summer so hopefully we will get to one or two of them. I am sure guests will enjoy them too. As far as I am aware the Fauconberg Arms in Coxwold are doing some events too. I read article in the paper today what Aelred ,Abbot of Rievaulx had written in the C12th about this area."Everywhere peace,everywhere serenity and a marvellous freedom from the tumult of the world". and I am sure guests will agree with him even though it is hundreds of years later. Some things never change.