Wednesday 15 September 2010

Back to school with Susan Briggs...

well maybe not back to school as in fact it was to the Arts Centre in Thirsk where Susan Briggs was the guest speaker. If you ever have chance to listen to Susan try to get to one of her seminars. This one today was on How to market your town -not quite me but Susan is a hidden gem when it comes to giving you good logically ideas to market your business.I was so lucky it was only a few miles away as one lady had travelled from Devon. To my left was a young lady from Southwell-who I was amazed had never heard of the local Bloodhounds as they were on parade the last day we went to Southwell race track. Jack has ridden his point to point horses there many times. The last time he had a runner there it was with Missile Man his own gelding who was ridden by Simon Brisby on the all weather course and it won at 10/1. To my right was a jolly man who had come with some colleagues from Morpeth who was promoting the Farmers Markets in the North East. He runs three websites so I guess he will be burning the midnight oil if he takes on board all Susan told us. Home now and back into getting Jack his supper. I think I will fore go eating tonight as the food at the Courthouse was as good and plentiful as ever-many thanks to the girls who do such a good job with the catering there..