Tuesday 8 February 2011

Yorkshire Pride .....


These smiling faces,Susie Brindley and Kim Broderick, were today in Pickering to run a course for Yorkshire.com on Yorkshire Pride.Staff from Castle Howard and Dalby Forest,caravan parks and self catering along with myself listened with interest to what the girls had to say.Ideas were all put in the melting pot. Interesting social and economic history snippets were divulged and spoken about. We had to say in our own words how we would sum Yorkshire up in a sentence. My answer "green,friendly and it is my home" Hard to condense into one sentence when books by the score have been written about it. From the whole room what did come through was the sense of pride we have for our county.Jack already has a "Y" badge which are given to ambassadors for the county. Today I came back with a smaller "Y" but which I will wear with just as much pride