Wednesday 9 April 2014

A Real Day out with Real Staithes

I have been promising myself for a long time that I would go on a foraging coastal course with Real Staithes. The stars of Real Staithes are Tricia,Sean,Thomas and Luke not forgetting Tiff. Tiff is their sheepdog. Last Tuesday I got my wish. A perfect day the sun shone, the sea was blue and I found the biggest piece of jet. Not only did I learn lots about fossils,seaweed, coastal birds and the rich heritage of this coastline but also what has gone on through the ages.Le Grande Finals was a feast created by Tricia which was more than delicious. I have never seen so many lobsters before. There was six other people on the course as well as myself and I am sure they were as full of praise for it as I am .I really don't think the website description does it justice. I got so much pleasure from my day out that I would love my guests to partake in it too I am offering any guests who stays with us and books to go on a Real Staithes day out a complimentary bottle of wine from us to take with them to enjoy with the lobster lunch.