Thursday 22 July 2010

Deliciously Yorkshire


A vivid green envelope came in the post today.
I am now a member of the Deliciously Yorkshire Menu Scheme . This is the promoting,developing and supporting the food and drink industry in Yorkshire and Humber. It states that at least five ingredients on the breakfast menu are sourced within Yorkshire,Humber or within five miles of the county's borders and as I have been doing this for years I thought it would be a good idea to join and be counted as being proud to be in this Yorkshire brand. On the Welcome to Yorkshire.com website there is a part dedicated to Deliciously Yorkshire and although I am too late to get into the book this year I will be added to their website and allowed to wear the Deliciously Yorkshire apron -in other words a black pinny with some bright green words on. I may also treat myself to one of their Jute bag and hopefully remember to take it with me when I go shopping-I have the habit of never having one where I want one.