Friday 20 August 2010

Butterflies and Buddleias


The Buddleias are now in full bloom and you can see why they are called the Butterfly Bush. We get an amazing amount of them coming and dancing round the flower heads before finally settling on them . Yesterday I saw 6 on one flower all jarring for a settling point. So I was out with the camera this morning but I wasn't as lucky today. It is the regatta at Whitby this weekend so hopefully it will not be too windy as to disrupt things and also it is the Last night of the Proms at Castle Howard tomorrow evening which is a great draw to people. I often ride down to near the Great Lake around 9pm it is something I have done since Nicholas was little -he is 30 now- so he could watch the finale fireworks light up the sky and hear everyone singing Land of Hope and Glory.