Sunday 18 December 2011

Christmas would not be Christmas...




for me if it wasn't a visit to Ian Peacock's Birdgate Chocolatiers in Pickering. Step through the door and you are cocooned by this amazing chocolatey smell.Since he has moved to his larger shop in Birdgate Ian is creating the most amazing chocolate works of art. Spoilt for choice no one can come out of there empty handed. Should it be one like this or this or no perhaps this one would be better. Dawn Bentley has the patience of a saint.Dawn knows me well, as any opportunity I have I go -Birthdays ,Christmas Valentines Day and even our wedding cake came from here. So when Nicholas decided all he wanted for Christmas was some chocolate, it was straight down the road to Pickering.But then I thought maybe Jack would like some and my mother well I hadn't got her anything and then there was my Dad. The next thing I know I was coming out with some for myself too. Well that's a surprise. Easy peasy all that shopping done and nothing to wrap up. And thanks to Ian's generosity he is kindly donating some of his wonderful chocolate to our Sparkling Breakfast Party on January 22 in aid of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. You can see more of about the chocolate on YouTube. Mr Peacocks Birdgate Chocolatier in Pickering.