Wednesday 17 November 2010

My Trip to Edinburgh,HRH Princess Royal,The Missoni and the Witchery.




So much to do and so little time to do it in.
Remember the saying "Travel intercity like the men do"- on Monday Jessica and I went North by train to Edinburgh going to a meeting at the Missoni Hotel,staying there too- what a funky place it is. My eyes are just getting over it.Clashing purple and greens,striped black and white carpets and only glass for a window and mirrors every where. I should have taken a degree in how to master the ultra modern controls for everything in the room including the air conditioning.It was funky and totally different to here. Mirror door and partitions that I kept bumping into.Ideas for my new bathroom. Good to experience but wouldn't like to live in such a trendy way .Missoni-Edinburgh have just won the Best New Hotel in Europe. Thanks to Jeffrey,his team and Lindt for their very generous hospitality.
We shopped till we almost dropped,dined at the Witchery which was fabulous.All these things I would do again.
Having just bought a pair of NESS wellingtons -the ones that are part tartan which I have had my eye on for ages now and a treat from Brora for Rubi-Sue. We surely were in the right place at the right time when HRH Princess Anne or Royal as she is now known passed as she was coming down from the Castle. There were very few people on the street Jessica and I waved,HRH actually saw us and waved back and smiled also. I couldn't believe the effect it had on me. My legs went like jelly and I shivered all over it was really odd. I would have practiced a curtesy had I known we would see her.
The top photo shows the Assiette at the Witchery,the two below are in the dining area in the Missoni Hotel