Tuesday 16 July 2013

Lavender blue dilly dilly...

I wonder why this nursery rhythm say blue I could swear it was purple. Well the fields I saw today at Wolds Way Lavender were purple. I felt very honoured to receive an invitation to the launch of their new products. We were also given a tour of the distillery which is the only wood burning one in the country. The bees were well happy with all the flowers.It is well worth a trip and you could make it a full day out .Take a book and sit in the fields and bob into the tea room when you feel peckish . Just like Provence without the hassle of having to cross the channel,worry about a foreign language or deal in a strange currency .And here we have it in the heart of North Yorkshire.easy access off the A64 between Malton and Scarborough. Talking of hearts -Anne and Steve Jacques have the biggest hearts you can find and we were treated to a lovely cream tea and I had elderflower cordial to drink as I don't do tea. We meet some lovely staff and Sarah was back from uni- talk about a chip off the old block. What a lovely family they are. So when you are thinking what can we do today, think Wolds Way Lavender for an attraction with the added bonus of tucking into delicious food. There are lavender plants to buy too for the green fingers. But what is so exciting is this new product range that was launched today. Blue bottles with very neat labelling on which will make wonderful presents or just a treat for yourself. Also very up market candles.I took so many photos I will have to make a You tube edit too so you can also check that out on my Youtube listings.