Saturday 10 March 2012

Catering Exhibition at Scarborough




Wednesday and Thursday saw the catering exhibition at Scarborough Spa. I went along to see what and who were new for the season. It was nice to catch up with Sarah Barrowby who was doing a sterling job flying the flag for Welcome to Yorkshire. Tate Smiths of Malton this is where we get Fentimans Rose Lemonade. Our family have got refreshments from this company based in Malton since my Dad was a lad so for over 80 years. For Jack he likes their barrels of John Smiths beer so with his big birthday coming up this year I guess I will be on the phone to them sooner rather than later. It was nice to catch up with the news from Scampston Walled Garden -this is one of my favourite garden. Home of the Legard family there is always a warm welcome here whether it be from the family or staff. A garden created by Piet Oudolf this is an attraction certainly worth visiting.