Friday 27 March 2020

Something new every day .... my Coronavirus daily report.

We they say you learn some thing new every day..Oh my goodness dare I admit it I always thought it was The North Star .When I was very young I thought it was the star my granny lived on and polished every night . So as I started to write my blog tonight as we live in a "dark skies are" I thought the North Star might have a posh name and then I thought well it was more in the west so I had better check and this is what I came up with .... 
Sirius A
Sirius, also known as the Dog Star or Sirius A, is the brightest star in Earth's night sky. The name means "glowing" in Greek — a fitting description, as only a few planets, the full moon and the International Space Station outshine this star.
Quite appropriate really as we have ,as some of you might know Cuckavalda Gundogs  so Dog star it is and the new moon too bringing us hope and light .
So this was at dusk tonight here at home in North Yorkshire ... the final calls of the
birds and they where making there way to bed. I am sure the wrens had already gone as they live in the porch  and fly out as soon as I open the door.Poor little mites I bet they get so cross with my having been bobbing about all day and then me disturbing them.
We have been blessed again with a sunny day, The land is drying up well and the tractors are able to get into the fields without making too many ruts and wheelings. 
So it is good night for me and good night from the birds .